Sunday, April 21, 2013

Facing my Fears

Well, despite the fact that Last's plan is undeniably crazy and dangerous, I'm going along with it.  Is it a bad idea?  Maybe.  But I'm sick of running.  I'm planning on staying alive as long as I can, but if all I'm doing is just prolonging my life from one day to the next, there's really no point to it.  What good does it do the dead if all I'm trying to do is survive?  If things remain the same, what did they die for?

Last's plan might be crazy.  Last might be crazy.  But he's right on this.  A life of aimless wandering isn't a life worth living.  I'm joining him because it's not much, but it's a chance.

I'm going to be leaving this blog behind.  It's just a record of a scared kid bouncing from place to place, just trying to survive whatever life threw at him.  It's the story of a kid with no fight.  With no hope.  Last, Crimson, and Maggie suggested a new blog.  That it would commemorate me ending one chapter of my life and starting a new one.  And I suppose they're right.  I'm not wandering from death anymore.  Now I'll be facing my fears.  Keep an eye on me there.  I'll have plenty to say.

I'll probably be quiet for a few days, though.  I'll be working with ten people I've just met, and I want to get to know them a little better before we start making any moves.

And so this is the end of this blog.  Hard to think that it's been over a year since I've started it.  And at the same time, it's hard to think that it's only been a year.  I've been through a lot.  Been a lot of places.  Done a lot of wandering.  But I"m not wandering anymore.  I'm still traveling, but now I have a destination.  An end to my journey.  And maybe, just maybe, with Last's help, with the Ten Masks' help, with your help...I'll make it.

This is not goodbye.  This is not the end.  This is a rebirth.

I'll see you all soon.

2 comments: