Monday, March 19, 2012

Encounter

I'm sorry about that last post and how abruptly it cut off.  I thought I was ready to talk about Lily.  I wasn't.  Not quite.  But soon.

I made it to a city today.  I was going to get a hotel, but then I remembered that I'm running tighter on money.  I'm probably going to end up just swallowing my pride and finding a homeless shelter to spend the night.

Things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped getting here.  Near the city, a minivan pulled up.  The driver asked me if I needed a ride, and I was about to agree, when three guys in masks jumped out of the side door and the van drove off.  Proxies.  Thankfully, I've been practicing with Lily.  They drove me into the ditch, but I was able to fend them off and knock them out.  That's one thing I like about staffs: their range.  It's easy to attack or defend from a bit of a distance if you know what you're doing.  Still, I'm no expert.  I'm glad there were only three of them.  It could have gone a lot worse.

I wonder how they found me, though.  That's always something that's bothered me.  No matter where I go, someone always seems to find me.  How do they know what I look like?  How can they find me?  Does He know where I am and somehow let them know?  It just doesn't make sense.

But I'm safe.  Got a little beat up, but that's why I carry a first-aid kit.

Well, I've sat around too long now.  It's time to stock up.  After all, who knows when the next time I'll be in a city is?

No comments:

Post a Comment